Saturday, June 13, 2009

Luray Caverns






Last weekend we went to Luray Caverns. There is a pond inside the caverns that does a mirror image of the ceiling. So beautiful. The air inside is 97% pure. My sinuses and lungs would love to live there. There are huge columns and a pipe organ that uses the stalagtites to play music. We then drove through Shenendoah National Park. It was unbelievably beautiful and there weren't a million people driving though at the same time. It was so nice and peaceful that we have decided to go back and do the horseback riding very soon.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds fun! I hope you do go back and horse back right! Its much better to see pictures so I can imagine it better! We miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris and John! It's Callie! I found your blog and just wanted to say hello. Hope you are liking your new home. :)

    ReplyDelete

Life in Washington D.C.

Life in the DC. So many mixed emotions. First and foremost Mom and I miss our kids. Chris and I are blessed to have wonderful kids. So it's tough. However --- life in the DC we know is temporary. And we will make the best of it. Last Saturday we 'interviewed' for volunteering at the Kennedy Center. And we took a tour of the building. Very nice. But I think the only volunteer opportunities they have there is the gift shop. Forget it. So I applied last night for volunteering at Air and Space Museum. --- Our Ward here is the Crystal City Ward. Filled with mostly 30 somethings who are very intelligent. Because it is such a young Ward, very few kids. The fast and testimony I actually attended was somewhat enjoyable. No five year olds got up with their parents expressing the robotic five year old testimony. Refreshing. We do like the Ward. In fact, we like it so much I might even show up twice a month. As far as work goes, my job is a little challenging being the chief of safety at Bolling AFB. Chris's job on the other hand is interesting because she has been able to eat more In-N-Out Burgers since we moved here, due to her meetings have been in San Diego and Phoenix. I'm jealous. Chris is going to Williamsburg, Virginia, this week.